ORVIETO - Mancinelli Theater
1. Male and female singers of all nationalities, without age limit, can be admitted to the Competition.
2. Competition is divided in 2 sections. Candidates may apply to one or both.
3. Qualifying Round: July 13 - July 14; Semifinal, Final and Concert: July 15
At the end of each competition round, the examiners's decision will be displayed on the website www.spazio-musica.it. The final mark is the average of the individual marks expressed by each member of the jury.
4. In order to be admitted to the competition candidates must fill out theenclosed form and send it by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photocopy of their identification card, artistic and professional curriculum, a recent photograph and a receipt/proof of payment (non-refundable) € 80,00 for 1 section, € 140,00 for 2 sections, after deducting all transfer fees, by transfer CA.RI.GE. Bank IBAN IT72 M061 7501 4480 0000 0260 880 – bic CRGEITGG198.
The deadline for the application is June 30, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
5. Accompanying pianists (€ 30,00) shall be available for all candidates. Please phone the secretary’s office +39 3387232815 before July 15 to book the pianists’ timetable for the rehearsals that will take place on July 19 only. Those who wish may be accompanied by a personal piano accompanist at their own expense.
6. The Jury shall declare as winners for each section the candidates who have reached the highest average score, which may not be inferior to 9/10. The decision of the Jury is final and no appeal is admitted.
7. The winner of the 1st prize of other international competitions may be admitted to the semifinal upon request and on presentation of the appropriate documents. Direct admission to the semifinal is decided by the artistic director (Sect. A).
In case of conflict, only the Italian text is to be considered as valid.
A SECTION : FREE PROGRAM
There are two first prizes: one for the male section, and one for the female section of the competition. There are also a second and a third prize, that can also be given ex-aequo.
Five solo pieces from operas, (at least one with its recitatives), without score and in the original language.
One piece chosen by the candidate, another one may be requested by the Jury.
1 or 2 pieces chosen by the Jury.
Two pieces, even if already performed, chosen by the Jury.
B SECTION : full roles from the operas
G. Verdi Falstaff, roles: Falstaff, Ford, Fenton, Alice, Nannetta, Quickly,
G. Verdi Rigoletto, roles: Rigoletto, Duca di Mantova, Gilda, Sparafucile
The arias from the role without score,
for “Alice” the aria: “Ernani involami” from Ernani by G. Verdi,
for “Sparafucile” the aria: “A te l’estremo addio” from Simon Boccanegra by G.Verdi
SEMIFINALE and FINALE:
Arias, duos, and/or ensembles may be requested by the Jury.
A SECTION “FREE PROGRAM”
Début in the Spazio Musica Opera Season
Study grant € 970,00 Certificate
Début in the Spazio Musica Opera Season
Study grant € 650,00 Certificate
Study grant € 400,00 Certificate
B SECTION : “FALSTAFF”, "RIGLOETTO" ROLES
Début in the Spazio Musica opera Season 2018
Study grant € 970,00 / Certificate
TEATRO COMUNALE BOLOGNA
TEATRO CARLO FELICE GENOVA
TEATRO NAZIONALE SÃO CARLOS LISBONA (PORTOGALLO)
AUDITION for ROLES
TEATRO REGIO TORINO – TEATRO MUNICIPALE PIACENZA
“Amici della Musica di Savigliano”
“Gruppo Promozione Musicale Golfo Paradiso”
Associazione "Concertante-Progetto Arte&Musica" Torino
Associazione “Musicamica” Genova
TWO PRIZES IN MEMORY OF LARA CASTELLI:
€ 500,00 EACH
Study Grant Gabriella Ravazzi € 400,00
GIOVANNI ANDREOLI - Maestro del Coro Teatro São Carlos Lisbona (Portogallo)
QILIAN CHEN – Cantante, Docente Conservatorio Shangay (China)
MAURO GABRIELI - Direttore Area Artistica Teatro Comunale Bologna (Italia)
WILIAM GRAZIOSI - Sovrintendente della Fondazione Teatro Regio Torino (Italia)
PAVEL IONESCU – Musicista, Direttore Artistico Orchestra Mihail Jora Bacau (Romania)
ZACHARIAS KARATSIOUMPANIS - Collaboratore Teatro Thessaloniki (Grecia)
ALAIN NONAT- Direttore Generale e Artistico Teatro Lirichorégra 20 (Canada)
MANLIO PALUMBO MOSCA - Musicista, Presidente Spazio Musica (Italia)
VITTORIO PARISI - Conductor, Direttore Artistico Dedalo Ensemble (Italia)
GABRIELLA RAVAZZI - Cantante, Regista, Direttore Artistico Spazio Musica (Italia)