Spazio Musica Association was founded in 1978 by Gabriella Ravazzi and Manlio Palumbo Mosca. Since its inception, Spazio Musica has been recognised and sponsored by the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities (MiBAC). Through the various training programmes (by leading professionals) and public performances organised by Spazio Musica, it provides an important platform for emerging opera singers, conductors, and musicians:
- International Masterclasses for opera singers and instrumentalists
- Since 1995, the International Opera Workshop for singers, opera conductors, stage directors, and collaborative pianists
- International Competitions for conductors and singers
- The International Academy for singers, conductors, and accompanists
In addition to the classes, we have organized in our 39 years of existence a great number of high-standard musical activities:
- Classical and Jazz Concerts, Ballets, Operas
- Concert tours all over Europe with the collaboration of famous soloists and with our best students, who have thus had the opportunity to start a brilliant career
Since 1995 we have been operating in Orvieto, where, thanks to the collaboration of the City Council, we have been able to use the nineteenth-century Luigi Mancinelli Theatre. There we have started the Opera Workshop, a rare opportunity for young singers, conductors, directors and musicians, who can have their début on a historical stage and experiment in the fascinating and complex world of melodrama. In 2010 the Opera Workshop took place at Niccolini Theatre at San Casciano in Val di Pesa (Firenze), and in 2011 at the Teatro degli Industri in Grosseto.
The Annual and Triennial Academy for singers, conductors, and accompanists, which takes place from November to June, began in 1999 in Orvieto as a natural complement to our didactic activity, and to answer the request of our students. From 2010 to 2012 the Academy took place in Florence. Since 2013 the Academy is based in Genoa.